To make your stay more enjoyable please find some useful information below.
To get to the KYN Gym from Phuket you will need to:
- Get a taxi boat from Bang Rong Pier
- The Speed Boat costs 300baht per person.
- The current times are. 8:40am, 11:00, 12:30(long tail), 2:30 and 5:00pm
- It will take approximately 30 minutes on the speed boat
- When you arrive at Koh Yao Noi pier, there will be taxis waiting for you. Tell them you would like to go to KYN Muay Thai. All the taxi drivers will know it, it is about a 10 minute taxi ride and it will cost you 100 baht per person.
- If possible please let us know what time you boat you will get so we can have someone to meet you at the gym.
When you are here:
We have Wifi. It is kynyim and the password is 123456789. You can also purchase a simcard with data from 7-11.
Our cleaning lady is able to do your laundry, just leave a bag of clothes outside your door if you wish to do this in the morning. Our staff will come around to collect it and deliver it back to your room once it is completed. The cost is approximately 100baht.
You are able to wash your clothes yourself. The shop is about a 20 metre walk from the gym and will cost you 30 or 40baht depending on the size of the machine. The machines are coin operated and take 10 baht coins. You will need to use your own powder which can be purchased at 7-11 or the convenience store.
If you wish to hire a scooter we are able to arrange this. The costs are. 4,000baht for the month. 1000 baht for a week, or 250 per day. Helmets are also provided. The island is very quiet with not much traffic on the road. ut please take it slowly when riding, sadly we have seen some accidents. There is no rush on this island so please take your time and enjoy the views.
There is a nearby shop where you are able to refill your scooter. They can hold approximately 4 litres of petrol and expect to pay around 70baht per litre.
Bar and Restaurant
We have a bar and restaurant on site. The kitchen opens approximately 9am for breakfast and generally closes at 11:30am. The dinner service starts at approximately 5:30pm til 7:30. The bar staying open dependent on demand. If it is a busy night we can be open later.
For those on the meal packages please note that drinks are additional. We have a free water fountain for you to use, but coffee/soft drinks/beer/cocktails are at an extra charge. We will charge additional snacks/drinks to you room for payment every few days.
For those on the meal deal package, if you miss a meal it unfortunately cannot be refunded.
There are a lot of vegetarian and vegan options available so please let us know and we can accomodate.
The group classes are held Monday to Saturday at 8am for the morning, and 4:30pm for the evening. It is a good idea to be in the gym about 10 minutes early to get ready and warm up.
If you would like to book a private training session, this can be organised from 10:30 to 5:30. The cost of doing a private session is 600baht.
After classes end please take all your belongings with you.
The motto of the gym is to leave your ego and your flip flops at the door. We strive very hard to make the training experience as inclusive as possible. No matter if you are a professional or an absolute beginner all we care is that you are doing your best and having fun.
Sparring at KYN Gym is always very light. Please take care of our trainers and fell students. You don’t have to spar if you don’t want to.
Because training can be quite intensive a lot of those training will sleep or rest during the day, so as a respect we do not play music around the pool, on the balconies or in the bar area during this time.
At the gym we have gloves, shinguards and wraps for use. You are able to purchase your own equipment from us, and you are free to bring your own equipment as well. The gym also has some weights as well. You are able to use these when the group class isn’t in session.
There are many ATMs on the island, there is one located at 7-11 and another at which we affectionately call ‘the pink bank’ which are both easy to find. The only minor issue that may arise is your home bank may limit the amount you can withdrawal per day.
What to bring:
If you are training and staying on the island, a few helpful things to bring with you are:
- A drink bottle (You can fill it for free)
- Any Muay Thai equipment you may have. (Gloves, Mouth Guard, Shin Guard, Hand Wraps etc)
- Clothing suitable for exercise in a hot environment (T Shirt, Singlet, Shorts etc)
- Electrolytes. Sachets can be purchases at 7-11.
- A sports towel. Bathroom towels are provided.
- Running shoes, if you want to join our training runs.
- Swimming outfit, we have a pool onsite and there are many beaches to enjoy.
- An instrument, if you play feel free to bring along your equipment. We have an open mic session on Saturday nights with our maestro, Geoff!
There are a number of beaches on the island, including but not limited to
- Long Beach
- Tha Khao Beach
- Klong Jark Beach
- Hide Out Beach
Bars and Restaurants
Koh Yao Noi is great for exploring. If you are stuck for ideas some of the bars and restaurants that are popular with our guests include:
- Charlie Bar (A surf bar on the beach)
- Extra Time (A sports bar with multiple televisions)
- Sunset Bar (A great place to watch the sunset)
- Chaba Cafe (A great vegan & vegetarian offering)
- Kindee Cafe (Excellent quality food)
- Sabai Bungalows (A reggae theme bar and restaurant)
Facilities on the island
We have a convenience store about a 5minute walk from the gym. You are able to refill your scooter, purchase food, snacks and drinks from there. It opens about 7 each morning.
There is a market with a 7-11 in the main town area of Koh Yao Noi. It is approximately a 10 minute scooter ride or 45 minute walk away. It has a number of stores and restaurants. You can usually get what you need but however it is a small island, so some specialty items can be hard to come by.
Other than that we have a hospital, police, schools etc. Everything you would expect from a community of less than 4,000 people.
The island is majority Muslim and has some small differences from the mainland. The biggest shock to most is that you can’t purchase beer from 7-11.
Every Saturday night we have music at the bar, it is an open mic jam session. So if you can sing or play an instrument please feel free to get up and have a go.
Sundays are our day off from training. Our gym, bar and restaurant are closed on Sundays. This is to give our wonderful staff are well-deserved break.
Usually a group of those staying at the camp will organise a group dinner somewhere on the island, the gym is very inclusive so there is no need to feel left out.
We often organise boat trips if you would like to explore the nearby islands, paddleboard, snorkle, kayak or go fishing.
We try to provide the best experience for our guests, therefore we have a few rules:
- All our rooms are non smoking, you are able to smoke at the bar.
- Please do not jump over the balcony rails in the downstairs rooms
- Please lock your door and take the key with you when you leave the room. Don’t separate the key from the electric card.
- Our toilets here block very easily and the blockage will be at the room. In order to not causes you and us any smelly inconveniences please do not put anything in the toilet unless it comes out of you. Please use the bin provided.
Other than that, we look forward to meeting you and having a great time.